Tanzania Safari Adventure Planner
Click each topic to learn more!
Updates will be posted here in chronological order
Be sure to check out the FAQ’s all the way at the bottom of this page for fast reference.
Read about Africa’s Dos and Donts HERE
You will get off on the plane on the tarmac and from there walk into the only lounge they have for arrivals. From there you need to line up for your VISA. Once you have that you will pick up your bags and exit the lounge to meet transportation. Please WATCH this quick video so you may see the process.
Balloon Safari Participants:
Please remember, if you are coming in early our guides will be picking you up and taking you directly to your hotel. From there they will give you information on pick up time to begin our adventure as a group.
Please use the hotel information you are staying for your first night. You can put down Belle Safaris as the company name.
Contact # +255 786 819 543 – Hamadi
Our hotel is:
PO Box 91, Kivulini Estate, Olmoti, Arusha, Tanzania
If you have someone attending that you would like to room with please email Tiffani.
PICK UP INFORMATION:
Our guides will be at the airport to pick you up for the Planet Lodge as well as the next day. It easier for them to make sure everyone has arrived when we start. You will need a visa before you leave the airport. Our guides will be there to pick you all up upon arrival.
The airport process is pretty smooth for Visa’s
1. Get off plane
2 . Walk into lounge (there is only 1 lounge for arrivals to walk into)
3 . Line up
– get finger prints
– photo taken
– get stamp
4 . Pick up bags
5. Exit the lounge and meet them outside .Even if you are staying somewhere else, they will pick you up. They want to make sure everyone is okay with visas and to make sure there are no flight delays and so forth. We normally do not offer transportation earlier or later than our adventure but this one is a bit special
We are going back! After selling out so quickly we added another trip for 2024!
We have seen first hand the need for travel insurance. Whether it be flight cancellations, theft, sickness, or pandemic issues, we now require each guest to purchase this. It is a very affordable and could save you a lot of headaches! My1FitLife uses InsureMyTrip, however, please use which ever company you are comfortable with. Please make sure you fully understand your coverage to ensure all aspects are covered. Our guides will need this information for confirming your hotel accommodation.
Please be sure to inquire and fully understand about the coverage your policy includes in the case of COVID.
This is a general packing list. As we get closer we will be sending out more specific specific information.
Comfortable walking shoes, and flip-flops for pool
Comfortable clothes for the trip’s activities, be sure to bring plenty fitness-appropriate clothing so you’ll be prepared – No black clothing please- attracts flies
T-Shirts and shorts/Sun Dresses (optional)
Bathing Suit / Sun protection / Sunglasses / Hat
Light rain repellent jacket (no rain pants needed)
Personal toiletries / medications / supplements / sunscreen
Medications, probiotics and anything your doctor suggests
Eye Pillow / ear plugs (especially if you are a light sleeper)
Digital camera to capture the amazing scenery and our memories
Health insurance card
Travel insurance emergency numbers
Hiking/walking shoes (Don’t need boots just a shoe with a good traction).
Be sure to update all your information in We Travel- please try not to email any small changes as we want to keep all details in one place. If you have issues in We Travel please contact us.
If you are arriving earlier please indicate so in We Travel. Our guides will organize to pick you up.
Once you retrieve your luggage and visa you will head to the exit (small airport) where you will see your name and My1FitLife (ie- Tiffani Johansen – My1FitLife Adventures)
This adventure does not require any training to attend.
Trip Outline and Itinerary
Feb 17 – Day 1
A warm welcome to Tanzania! Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport. We will be staying stay overnight at Tulia Boutique. Confirmation pending.
We would like to try to limit the transfers from the airport to 2. We would have a shuttle leaving the airport at 1 and another at 4 pm. Please try to arrive in those time periods.
Feb. 18 – Day 2
Arusha to Tarangire National Park After breakfast drive 2 hours towards Tarangire national Park – the garden of elephants.
Enjoy full day of game drives around Tarangire National Park . You will see the Tarangire River and enjoy a box lunch . You will also get to see several species of antelopes, buffalos and wild cats such as lions, cheetahs and leopards.The landscape is dotted with Baobab trees and there are several lodges inside the park and outside.
Add On: Hot Air Ballon Ride (Extra Fee)
We will be staying overnight at Maramboi Tented Lodge- confirmation pending.
Feb. 19 -Day 3
Lake Manyara National Park After breakfast drive towards Lake Manyara National Park and explore the area just below the great rift valley. Spend the full day in Lake Manyara . Enjoy the birdlife and the diverse ecosystems of Lake Manyara. In the late afternoon drive up the rift valley for spectacular views of the lake from above.
We will be staying overnight at Lake Manyara Serena Safari Lodge (confirmation pending)
Feb. 20 – Day 4
Serengeti National Park After breakfast start your journey from Manyara and you will drive towards Serengeti.You will pass the village of Mto wa Mbu and you can visit the local market. Continue your journey as you climb the Great Rift Valley. Stop over at African Galleria to view a replica tanzanite gemstone mine. You will enter Ngorongoro Conservation Area and after a brief permit check you will stop over at the viewpoint to view the crater. Enjoy your lunch Transit through the conservation area and later in the afternoon you will enter Serengeti National Park . Enjoy game drives and in the evening you will head to your lodge in Central Serengeti.Enjoy the amazing view of the plains and a swim.
Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Serena Safari Lodge / Narudi Tented Camps/ Kubu Kubu tented lodge Lodges will be chosen according to time of year and wildebeest migration location. (Confirmation pending)
Feb 21 – Day 5
Serengeti National Park – Full Day game drive Explore the great Serengeti plains , visit the hippo pool and Serengeti visitor centre. Look out for the big cats and follow the great migration. Between mid February to early March is the calving season where upto 8,000 calves are born a day. Enjoy a picnic lunch and continue game drive in the Serengeti and in the evening head to your camp.
Dinner and overnight at Serengeti Serena Safari lodge / Narudi Tended Camp. (confirmation pending)
Feb. 22 – Day 6
Serengeti – Ngorongoro Crater – Karatu Serengeti to Ngorongoro Crater – 160km – 3 hours Ngorongoro Crater to Karatu – The retreat – 1 Hour – 42 km Start with an early breakfast and make your way through the Ngorongoro conservation. Once you reach Ngorongoro crater you will descend into the Ngorongoro crater floor and explore the wildlife.You may be able to witness the big five in the Ngorongoro crater and enjoy a picnic lunch by the hippo pool.Later in the day you will exit the crater via the Lerai forrest which is one of the most scenic drives as you leave the crater.You will drive to karatu to your lodge.
Dinner and overnight at The Retreat at Ngorongoro/ Acacia Farm Lodge highlands in Karatu. theretreatatngorongoro.co.tz – located amongst coffee plantations , orchards and a beautiful swimming pool with a view of the Ngorongoro highlands (confirmation Pending)
Feb. 23 – Day 7
Karatu town and Ngorongoro Highlands Enjoy a full day in Karatu , explore the Ngorongoro highlands and the coffee plantations around Karatu . Visit the Hadzabe tribe and datoga tribes around Lake Eyasi. Relax at the lodge and enjoy the views.
We will be staying overnight at The Retreat at Ngorongoro (confirmation pending)
Feb 24 – Day 8
Karatu – Arusha – Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for your international flight.
*Please note, these adventures are planned far in advance, and sometimes things come up that are unforeseen or unplanned. With that forethought, know the group will be accompanied on this adventure by Keith, or Michelle, and/or My1FitLife Ambassador.
This trip includes:
Airport transportation – Transfer to and from Kilimanjaro Airport.
Well-maintained 4×4 vehicles fitted with 2 way high frequency radio communicating system, fridge cooler and charging ports for phone charging or camera batteries.
Unlimited bottled water in vehicle
7 nights accommodations – Accommodations with shower/toilet facilities
All meals provided during safari
All adventures and related equipment as indicated on itinerary
Park entrance fees for vehicle, driver, and guests, concession fees for lodge.
Fuel for unlimited game driving
Additional tips and gratuities
any additional meals/snacks not included above
Travel Insurance – REQUIRED ITEM. Your policy number will need to be submitted
- Multiple Entry Visa can be a bit difficult to get online prior to arrival. We suggest getting it in Africa. Please have $100 in USD available for this.
- Once you retrieve your luggage and visa you will proceed outside. Look for your name and My1FitLife Adventures (ie- Tiffani Johansen- My1FitLife Adventure)
- Bring USD with you, our dollar goes further than theirs. There will be opportunities to change currency throughout.
- Once we leave on safari you will only have access to a day pack and duffel bag or other collapsable bag. Hard suitcases will be stored in locked guide offices and will be retrieved after our adventure.
- School supplies, small toys, balls, clothes, and candy are suggested for giving to local children. If you prefer to give a donation, please wait until we get to an orphanage only.
- If you need to wash clothes, access to laundry will be at lodges
- Do not bring black clothing, this attracts flies. Nude, beige, camo, light colors are preferred.
- Yes bring sun screen, however, during the safari it will be shaded in the vehicle. Sun exposure will take place when outside of vehicle. (rest stops, lunch, shopping, etc)
- Each lodge has mosquito nets
- If you are feeling unwell, some lodges have doctors on call. Guides can also take you to pharmacies if needed. Additional fees would apply
- Do bring hate scarf, light rain coat (no pants needed), if room- waterproof hiking boots if needed (sneakers will be just fine)
- Our accommodations during safari are just like hotel room, but walls are canvas. You have your own bathroom and will be doubled up with a roommate.
- WiFi is available everywhere. We will NOT be contacting your emergency contacts each day as we have done with some adventures.
- Guides will be with you at ALL times.
- We are staying on main roads in the safari. Guides are aware of animal behaviors and know what it safe and not.
- Feel free to negotiate when buying an item, locals do not take offense and is normal
- Cholera- you can get a shot for this, however, you will have access to clean drinking water everywhere we go as well on safari.
- You do not need Yellow Fever vaccination
- Bring convert for electronics. Vehicles have USB ports at each seat. You may want to get an external charger just as backup.
DO NOT DO THE FOLLOWING:
- Do NOT give money to locals- it will instantly attract a huge crowd
- Do NOT take photos of locals or kids – they will ask you for money after
- Do NOT wear black clothing- it attracts flies and will be very uncomfortable
- Do NOT bring any single use grocery bags. They are not allowed. Zip Lock bags are fine.
- Do NOT purchase street food. All your food will be prepared for you by our chefs and hotels
- Do NOT walk alone. Guides will be with us at all times. The guides are experts in the area and know where/when it is safe to walk especially at night with the animals.
Cancellation Policy Reminder
If you must cancel your reservation, your cancellation fee will be determined accordingly:
For US Retreats:
- A $499 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot for domestic adventures
For International Retreats:
- A $699 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot.
Cancellation :Please understand that the Non-Refundable deposit CANNOT be refunded due to the upfront costs we have to pay.
- If the cancellation occurs 176 days or more prior to trip start date, a refund will be issued in the way the funds were originally received, less the non refundable deposit.
- If the cancellation occurs 175 days or less prior to retreat start date, a credit to a future trip will be issued less the non-refundable deposit and $150 admin fee.
- If a cancellation occurs within 90 days of adventure start date, a credit will be issued for 50% of the funds received, less non-refundable deposit and $150 Admin fee.
- If a cancellation occurs 89-30 days of an adventure, a 25% credit will be given to a future adventure.
- Less than 30 days prior to retreat start date funds are forfeited. No credits issued. Please let us know what your travel insurance company requires for reimbursement.
Travel insurance is designed to help cover your expenses if something goes wrong on your trip, and fill any gaps that wouldn’t be covered by your primary health insurance or other insurance you may have. It’s not meant to be a substitute for health insurance and won’t cover non-essential overseas medical treatment, such as routine exams.
1627 W. Main 257
Bozeman MT 59715