Rise Up on the Road Adventure Planner
Click each topic to learn more!
Our shuttle will depart at 2:30 pm. Please plan your flight accordingly and plan for at least 1 hour to go through customs.
If after reading this page your question is still not answered please email us at Events@My1fitlife.com.
About this trip
Come join us in beautiful Tulum Mexico. Mayan ruins tower over the sea in Tulum. The formerly walled city was one of the last to be built by the Mayans, and its archaeological sites are incredibly well preserved. Take a break from the beach to visit El Castillo, the Temple of the Frescoes, and the Temple of the Descending God. Explore an underground river under a canopy of stalactites in the sacred caverns of LabnaHa Eco Park, or dive into Cenote Dos Ojos to snorkel inside of caves in the middle of a forest.
Our “Wellness Resort ‘home’” is located on the Riviera Maya. Between the pristine blue ocean and the emerald green tropical forests and jungles, is nature in all of its splendor. Think of paradise in these terms: laying in a hammock under the shade of a palm tree, facing beautiful white beaches, sipping a cool drink, and enjoying the warm but refreshing breeze caressing your skin.
The Riviera Maya offers endless adventures. From tranquil sea coves, bays to rougher more open ocean, transparent lagoons, mysterious water springs with landmarks, vestiges of a culture thousands of years old, or the world’s second longest reef which stretches from Quintana Roo to Honduras. There are also a variety of beach and water sports to choose from, with places offering all the infrastructure and services you need. Take full advantage of your getaway and relax on the beach to the ever-present rhythm of the waves.
Our accommodations range from breezy beachfront suites to cozy garden rooms to meet all budgets. From serene beachfront bungalows to budget basic rooms to spacious rooms to be shared with a friends. Our architecture embodies the signature eco-chic style of Amansala that includes smooth cement surfaces with traditional thatched roofs. Multiple staircases weave together and connect the various spaces within the resort giving it the feel of a modern day Swiss Family Robinson treehouse. All rooms are light, airy & beautifully styled with our eco-chic signature bohemian feel.
Location our Adventure:
Tulum Quintana Roo, Mexico Located approximately 2 hrs south on the coast from Cancun
Eco Chic Resort & Spa
Come join us in Tulum Mexico…exploring Mayan ruins, temples, snorkeling, sweat lodges, clay mediations, biking, massages, relaxing, amazing food and so much more!
We have seen first hand the need for travel insurance. Whether it be flight cancellations, theft, sickness, or pandemic issues, we now require each guest to purchase this. It is a very affordable and could save you a lot of headaches! My1FitLife uses World Nomads, however, please use which ever company you are comfortable with. Please make sure you fully understand your coverage to ensure all aspects are covered. Our guides will need this information for confirming your hotel accommodation.
Please be sure to inquire and fully understand about the coverage your policy includes in the case of COVID.
Use your judgement – you may not require all the listed items. This is just to assist in guiding you.
START WITH THIS CLOTHING PACKING LIST:
Lightweight clothing that can be layered
Sweaters or fleece jacket
T-shirts and tank tops (be respectful of the culture you are visiting)
Pants and/or shorts
Belt (check out this one for a ingenuitive money protection option)
Socks (wool socks are best for hiking and camping)
Comfortable walking shoes
Rain jacket, windbreaker, or umbrella
Sunglasses and glasses case
Dresses and/or skirts
Jewelry (organize in a small cube or sac)
Hat or sun visor
Scarf or bandana
Swimsuit or swim trunks (consider a clean/dirty organizer)
Cell phone and charger
Travel pillow, eye mask, and earplugs
Electric converters and adapters
Travel apps that will help with language, directions, money conversion, and digital journaling
You’ll want to pack smart (not lots of) clothing options if your trip will take you to a variety of places, or conversely if you will be navigating off the beaten path. Having a packing list with several options doesn’t mean you’ll need to over-pack. (And in fact, you shouldn’t.) Just pack smart. Include clothing that can be worn on your daily adventures and then dressed up slightly with a different pair of shoes and a scarf. Maybe a dress that becomes a skirt, or comfortable travel pants that can be dressed up for a day at the market. Also, consider clothing with SPF or mosquito repellency if you’ll be in environments where that would be beneficial.
PACK YOUR TOILETRY BAG
If you’re carrying on, keep your toiletry bag light and TSA-compliant. The TSA’s 3-1-1 rule makes it easy to remember: liquids, gels, aerosols, creams, and pastes must be 3.4 ounces (100ml) or less per container, and they must be stored in one quart-sized, clear plastic, zip-top bag. To make this as easy as possible for you, we have a toiletry set that includes four 3-ounce silicone bottles in a quart-sized clear pouch that’s wipeable and has a water-resistant zipper.
HERE’S A COMPLETE PACKING LIST OF TRAVEL ESSENTIALS FOR YOUR TOILETRY CASE:
THE TOILETRY BAG BASICS
Toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash
Hairbrush or comb, hair ties, barrettes/bobby pins
Shampoo and conditioner (Dr. Bronners is a good option all-in-one option for hair care, face wash, laundry, and more.)
Sunscreen and face lotion with SPF
Makeup packed in a washable sac
Face wash and/or makeup remover wipes and Q-tips
Lip balm with SPF and lipstick or lip gloss
Personal hygiene items
Feminine hygiene products
Extra contacts, solution, and contact case
Glasses and prescription sunglasses
Prescription medication with the label/script so that you can refill if needed and not be questioned by TSA.
TOILETRY BAG EXTRAS
Personal mini mirror
Hair products like hairspray, hair gel, and beard oil
Clothesline and detergent
Shaving kit and extra razors
Sewing kit/clothing care kit, stain remover
Facial tissues and/or toilet paper
Nail clippers and tweezers (optionally, scissors, which must be in checked luggage)
ADDITIONAL HEALTH ITEMS
- Hand sanitizer or wet wipes
- Prescriptions in the original packaging (you’ll want to make sure you have these in your carry-on bag just in case something were to happen to your checked luggage)
- Sleeping medicines
- Glasses and glasses case (email yourself a copy of your prescription, just in case)
Travel Tip: Your under-the-seat bag can hold a lot! Some travelers can even pack an entire trip in a small bag—at the very least learn how to put your under-the-seat bag to good use when packing for international travel.
PREPARE YOUR PERSONAL ITEM CARRY-ON BAG
The next thing you’ll want to do is prepare a packing list especially for your personal item carry-on bag with anything that you’ll want with you on the flight. It’s always a good idea to make sure you have an outfit (or two) and a few essential toiletries in your personal item just in case your luggage is lost.
If you’ll be traveling around to multiple destinations, make sure this small bag has items to keep you comfortable on any train, boat or bus rides. It’s always nice to have a bag that’s easy to access so you don’t have to get into your luggage each time you need your eye mask. But remember, you’ll be carrying all of this, so keep it light.
We recommend you consider using a small daypack, shoulder bag , or waist pack as your personal carry-on item. Here are some good things to include in your carry-on bag packing list:
- Mobile device and charger
- Laptop, iPad, or E-reader and charger(s)
- Headphones (consider noise-reducing headphones if you’re sensitive to sound)
- Camera and GoPro/video camera, memory card, and chargers
- Electrical converters and adapters
TRAVEL COMFORT, ENTERTAINMENT, AND INFORMATION
- Travel pillow, blanket, eye mask, and earplugs
- Travel journal and pen (it’s awful when you forget your pen!)
- Books and magazines
- Deck of cards and travel games
- Chapstick and lotion (t’s dry up there)
- Water bottle (you’ll need to fill it up once you get through TSA)
- Guide books, travel guides, maps, language guides, etc. (if you will need any of these upon arrival at your destination, put it in your carry-on)
Adventure Checklist #3
COLLECT IMPORTANT TRAVEL DOCUMENTS, CASH, AND CREDIT CARDS
Start by collecting all of your important documents in a travel document organizer. (This travel organizer holds a passport, ID, credit cards, coins, documents, a boarding pass, and a pen!) By bringing all your important information together, will help ensure you have everything you need to get from one place to the next.
Not sure what you need? Here’s your international travel checklist, document-wise:
- Personal ID/Student ID card
- Frequent flyer card(s) and other loyalty program card numbers (ex: hotel chains and AAA)
- Cash and credit card(s) (call your credit card companies before you travel to inform them of your travel, otherwise they might turn them off to prevent perceived fraud. Also, consider how travel hacking can save you money on the road!)
- Health insurance cards/document(s)
- Travel insurance information
- Reservations and itineraries (print them and save them electronically for easy access)
- Hotel and/or tour contact information
- Transportation tickets (plane, train, bus, car, etc.)
- Emergency contacts and important addresses
- Copies of all these things in case you lose your wallet
- Guide books and maps
Travel Tip: As soon as you book a trip, it’s a good idea to double-check that your passports and IDs aren’t expired and that they will not expire while you are traveling internationally. You’ll also want to inform your bank if you’re traveling abroad so they don’t assume fraudulent activity and freeze your credit card. Also consider emailing yourself a copy of your passport, driver’s license, medical cards, and itinerary, so if anything happens to them you’ll be able to access them online.
CONSIDER TRAVEL SECURITY
In most large cities, travelers should always be on the lookout for pickpockets. The easiest way to keep your belongings safe is to keep them hidden and close to you. One way to do this is to stash your valuables underneath your clothing. Another way is by locking your bags closed and using reflective accents to help folks see you at nighttime.
Transportation / Accommodation information
Transportation to & from Cancun Airport Please see section above in UPDATES for the link to book your transportation. If they do not receive you will be responsible for arranging that on your own.
We will be staying at Amansala Resort in Tulum. Should you come in after the scheduled transportation, you will be responsible for your own transportation.
This trip does not require any specific training. Optional excursions will include hiking, bike rides, swimming, etc.
Trip Outline and Itinerary
Wed. Sept 13th – Day #1
Arrive in Cancun Mexico and Transfer to Tulum – please remember our shuttle will depart the Cancun International Airport at 2:30 pm. If your flight comes in after you willl be responsible for making arrangements. We can assist with these, but you will need to pay your driver directly.
2:30 – Welcome Snack for those that will be there.
6 pm – Welcome Yoga
7:30 pm – Dinner
*Schedule is Subject to Change
Thurs. Sept 14th- Day #2
7 am – Light Breakfast
11:15 pm – Brunch
12:15 pm – Optional Tour
2:30 pm – Snack
6 pm – TRE
7:30 pm – Dinner
8:30 pm – Sound Healing with Rodrigo
Fri. Oct. 15th – Day #3
7 am – Light Breakfast
9:30 am – TRE
11:15 – Brunch
12:15 pm – Mayan Clay with Darlene
2:30 pm – Snack
6 pm – Afternoon Yoga
7:30 pm – Dinner- offsite. NOT INCLUDED IN PACKAGE. (offsite dinner date may change to another day)
*Schedule is subject to change
Sat. Sept 16th – Day #4
7 am – Light Breakfast
9:30 am – Morning Ypga
11:15 am – Brunch
12:15 pm – Cenote Excursion
2:30 pm – Snack
2:30-7 pm – Free Time
7:15 pm – Tamazcal With M. Luisa. Meet in the reception 10 minutes before and bring a towel.
7:30- Dinner (for those that do no want to participate in the Temazcal)
Late Dinner for those participating in Tamazcal
Sun. Sept. 17th -Day #5
7 am – Light Breakfast
9:30 am – Morning Yoga for those that can attend
11:15 am – Brunch
*Please note that this itinerary is just to get an idea of what will be happening. The night we meet for our welcome dinner more information and specific dates will be shared. *itinerary is subject to change.
- Transportation- Transportation to & from Cancun Airport at 2:30 PM only . Also group transportation to My1FitLife adventures while in Tulum where indicated in the itinerary.
- Food Meals during Retreat – Friday: Dinner / Saturday – Wednesday : Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner / Thursday: Breakfast
- Personal Growth Session- Coach Michelle and Coach Keith wil be asking you to dive deep and work on your mental blocks all weekend long.
- Meditations- Morning/Evening meditations with Coach Michelle
- Movement Classes- Coach Michelle will be teaching TRE daily and Coach Keith will be coaching on mobility.
- Massage- Get a relaxing message and unwind from our outdoor activities. One per person
- Sweat Lodges- Take part in a traditional “sweat lodge” and help cleanse your mind, body and soul of life’s toxins. Group activity.
- Mayan Clay – Meditation Come experience a fantastic meditation session using Mayan Clay. 1 per person/group activity
What is not Included-
- Air Fare Air Fare not included
- Food & Drinks You will be responsible for ALL your own food and drinks, except what is on the agenda. One night dinner is offsite- that dinner is NOT included
- Transportation- Any personal transportation during free time including any non-included excursion.
Itinerary is subject to change.
Cancellation Policy Reminder
If you must cancel your reservation, your cancellation fee will be determined accordingly:
For US Retreats:
- A $499 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot for domestic adventures
For International Retreats:
- A $699 non-refundable deposit is required to hold your spot.
Cancellation :Please understand that the Non-Refundable deposit CANNOT be refunded due to the upfront costs we have to pay.
- If the cancellation occurs 176 days or more prior to trip start date, a refund will be issued in the way the funds were originally received, less the non refundable deposit.
- If the cancellation occurs 175 days or less prior to retreat start date, a credit to a future trip will be issued less the non-refundable deposit and $150 admin fee.
- If a cancellation occurs within 90 days of adventure start date, a credit will be issued for 50% of the funds received, less non-refundable deposit and $150 Admin fee.
- If a cancellation occurs 89-30 days of an adventure, a 25% credit will be given to a future adventure.
- Less than 30 days prior to retreat start date funds are forfeited. No credits issued. Please let us know what your travel insurance company requires for reimbursement.
Travel insurance is designed to help cover your expenses if something goes wrong on your trip, and fill any gaps that wouldn’t be covered by your primary health insurance or other insurance you may have. It’s not meant to be a substitute for health insurance and won’t cover non-essential overseas medical treatment, such as routine exams.
1627 W. Main 257
Bozeman MT 59715